Friday, November 11, 2005

Motivated

well.

i have been feling exausted lately. so much of my energy ios being put out that i hardly have enough to use on things which are out side of music. When i have free time it is not spent practicing things i should be, or studying. Insted I find myslef just trying to catch up the energy that i have exerted.

Last month one night at my kung fu class, my teacher, who is an incredible man, was (almost) visibly upset. he told us that a very dear old friend of his died suddenly. he said that every year for 45years at chinese new year she would present a speach about what the animal of that year represented and what it ment for the future. he said that he was looking forward to what she was going to say this year and that now he would not hear it.

then he told us in a sedated, somber manner that we should take every oppertunity we can to learn from those who have things to teach because one never knows when they may not be around to teach it.

now i suppose you can't live life always thinking your friends and loved ones are going to croak at any instant. i think that what i really took away from what he said was that one (me in this case) shouldn't let oppertunity slip through one's fingers. There is only so much time we got. dig? You can sleep when your dead....I have things to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

I have cut out a great deal of sleep this year so I can do all the things I want to do. Except for today, I have slept on and off all day, but I am sick so it allowed. But these songs are awesome! Are you going to do a show anytime soon so I can hear/see live??

November 12, 2005 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home