Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Super number one good time

I have realized that I am now more chill then I have ever been in my life. I can deal with any situation that has been thrown at me in the last few months with out stress. I speak calmly, I live peacefully and confidently.

Tonight I was driving down Craigflower with a lady friend of mine in the car as a group of about 6 rowdy youths started crossing the street directly in front of my speeding car, hundreds of metres from a crosswalk and far too late for me to avoid them. One of the reprobates had the audacity to actually stop in front of my car holding out his hand like a police man dirrecting traffic, while his friends meandered across the road at a leisurely pace. Once they had all crossed and I was at a complete and awkward stop with cars careening towards my rear, the one boy had the nerve to continue his little power trip by remaining directly in my way and staring me down.
Now to the meat of the story. The reason I am recounting this. The old Mark, of say six months ago, would have gotten quite angry ot this misguided scoundrel. I would have been fuming, especially with a lady in the vehicle, and may have shot my mouth off and even gotten out of the car to attempt to kick the living snot out of the little scamp. but no, I think that a combination of maturity through age, my recent relaxing trip to Costa Rica, and the calm providied by my training in kung fu worked marvelously to allow me deal with my frustration in a socialized and acceptable manner, avoiding confrontaion.

With the new me, I was able to simply shout out my open window "GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY BITCH" and then squeal by him, inches from running him over. It feels great to finnaly have my anger under control. I didn't even turn around when he smacked the passengers side window on our way by. What a shit eating maggot he was.

Really though. I am living life more chill of late. Nothing seems to rile me. It's nice.
once more.
peace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man... that story is the high point of my week. Mark, you're a prince among men.

July 2, 2005 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home