A gift from a friend
The last few weeks have been fairly easy for me to get through. the days are lazy and relaxed due to no work(due to slow ferry traffic), and the evenings are empty. In order to fill this space my friend Dan and i have been walking out to thetis a lot. it takes about fortyy minutes to get there and then we explore until it gets dark. there are tonnes of trails in that park that very few peole know about. I know very few people know about them because in the month that we have been doing this we have seen three people on the trails we have found. so last night we went out again and found a new, really great empty trail and wandered down it until we met up with the main trail once more. then as we started to head bacjk we heard the woosh of wings over head in the trees and loked up to see a large bird take off from one fir and land in another. then we heard a raven call loudly and realized we were right underneath about 8 ravens roosting for the night. we watched them from right below for a minute or so until they got upset with us and started to fly away. as they did this one shook its tail and we watched a beautiful feather fall gently down to us on the ground. I picked it up and we carried on our way. it was a wonderful experiance that you just don't get walking around the city at dusk. i do like the woods.

1 Comments:
That sounds like fabulous fun! I have just found out that I will not be working at all and, as part of my interior designer's fees, I think you should invite me along on these walks. I could definitely use the exercise!
Post a Comment
<< Home